Wednesday 31 July 2013

White Chocolate and Raspberry Cookies

Chocolate and raspberries are two of my favorite things, so the chance to combine them into a cookie was not an opportunity I was going to let up.

I found a recipe online that called for raspberry chips. But I could not find any in the grocery store. So I figured fresh raspberries and white chocolate chips would be a good substitute.

The cookie making was slightly confusing because there were four of us making the cookies, and I didn't know how to edit the recipe to accommodate for fresh raspberries.

We ended up with twelve large cookies on two cookie sheets eventually.

We put them in the oven and waited.

Because we had edited the recipe, we did not know how long to cook them for. We did the 17 minutes they called for in the original recipe, but they were not done yet. We kept adding more and more minutes. 

Soon we just took them out, let them cool, and trusted that they were done. Even though the tooth pick trick did not work.

But Stephanie's intuition was right, they were done. A bit over done because the bottoms were a bit burnt, but still good never the less.

When one changes the recipe, a bit of trial and error is needed, and that's how I'm viewing these cookies. The flavors were all there, but the cookies needed to be smaller, so they would cook properly.

Nevertheless, I had lots of fun cooking these with a few of my friends here at SERC. Baking with friends makes baking, so much more amazing than it already is!

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the blueberry oatmeal cookies I made last week -- I've never put fruit (fresh or frozen) in cookies! But they were delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blueberry oatmeal cookies sound good! I think the next time I make these I will make the raspberries into a puree and then drizzle it on top of the white chocolate cookies after they bake, but before they cool.

    ReplyDelete