Sunday 4 August 2013

More Food Adventures

I haven't been very good at posting everything I've been cooking recently, so my apologies on that front. But this post is my way to catch y'all up on my cooking adventures! So get ready to dive into deliciousness!



This is an omelet I made one morning.
It has eggs (obviously), mushrooms, onions, green peppers, carrots, and cheese sprinkled on top.
Delectable and nutritious!
This rice pilaf I made one night.
I needed something to make with some mushrooms.
After looking up what I could do with them, I found this recipe. I put the rice, peppers, onions, and beef broth in a glass pan. Then baked it in the oven for 20 minutes. It turned out perfectly! I will make this many more times, it was delicious. And made so much, I had lots of left overs for meals later in the week.
This is some spaghetti with vegetables in a spicy sausage sauce. I wanted to make my usual spaghetti more nutritious and I had lots of vegetables, which I needed to use up. The vegetables I added were carrots, onions, and green peppers. It was great to have an extra crunch from the vegetables, and know they were all nutritious, and well as scrumptious! 
This is some rice, chicken, cheese, and vegetables.
I cooked the rice in a rice cooker. Cut the chicken into slices, then grilled it with a spice rub. I also grilled sliced green and red peppers. Once it was all done, I arranged it. I put the rice on the bottom, then some chicken topped with some cheese, and finally the peppers as accents on the sides. Pretty and yummy!

My roommate, Steph and I made these this morning. It's based off a family recipe of hers. We cooked hash browns with eggs and vegetables. It was great! I never would have thought of mixing hash browns, eggs, green peppers, and onions.
But it was so good! 
I most certainly will be continuing this recipe for the rest of my internship and when I leave here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment