Sunday 25 August 2013

Calzone/Loaf Success


So earlier in the week, I re-attempted to make a calzone. If you recall last time I had some trouble with stuffing and forming the calzone. This time when I started, I knew I wanted a loaf to start with, but I wanted a legit looking loaf rather than just the malformed loaf as I made by accident last time.

So I rolled out my dough into along wide rectangle. I filled it with ham, mozzarella, green peppers, and onions. Then I rolled it all up log style. And sprinkled some more mozzarella on top. Then baked it for just over 20 minutes, until it was golden brown and the kitchen smelled really good. It turned out just how I wanted it to this time. Its not a calzone, even though that's how its called in the recipe. What I made is an actual loaf, so that when you slice it, you get pieces of every ingredient that I put in there. It was scrumptious, and big enough to last me several lunches and diners, which is convenient for those days when I'm too exhausted from work to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment