Sunday 4 August 2013

Delicious Marinated Steak

This summer, I have discovered a new respect for vegetables, and the amazing diversity of things one can make with them. I went a whole week without meat, basically going vegetarian! For people who know me, I love meat! So this vegetarian experience was difficult. But I survived. However, soon after my meatless week, I began to crave a good piece of meat. Chicken or turkey would not suffice. I needed steak!

And so my journey to satisfy my craving began . . .

It began the night before I feasted. I made a marinate for the steak chunks. The marinade was soy sauce based. I also added some onion powder, some garlic powder, some lime juice,brown sugar, and ginger. To get some more onion flavor, I added some sliced onions into the mix. Then I added the steak, surrounded the chunks, then let it marinade overnight.



The next day, at diner time I put the steak pieces in a frying pan. Then I mixed the rest of the marinade with some vegetables, specifically green peppers, onions, and carrots. And I set some potatoes to boil too.


 

Soon my feast was done!
It satisfied my meat craving!
So so good! 
It was defiantly the meat I needed.
There was lots of food.  I had enough for diner the next night too! No matter how good vegetables are, I don't think I could ever go totally vegetarian because steak is so delicious! However, this summer has persuaded me to eat less meat overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment