Sunday 12 January 2014

Mocha Fudge


 Last night, I want to do some baking, and couldn't decide what to make until I remembered the White Chocolate Cake Batter Fudge I made in July. I decided to make some fudge. It's simple! It's sweet! It's delicious! Before I could the sweet results of my labor, I had to figure out what type of fudge I would make. After spending a while perusing the internet (there's no fudge recipes in my new baking book), I decided to make some Mocha Fudge!



Here's how to do it!

Ingredients 
½ c hot water
3 tbsp instant coffee crystals
½ c nonfat milk
2 c granulated sugar
2 tbsp butter
3 oz dark chocolate (or ½ c dark chocolate chips)

 Instructions
1) Line an 8”-square baking pan with foil, and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. 
2) In a large pot, combine the hot water and instant coffee crystals. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the coffee crystals dissolve. Add the milk, sugar, butter, and dark chocolate, and continue stirring over medium-low heat until the butter and chocolate have melted. Bring to a boil, and cook for another 10-15
minutes, stirring frequently, until a small amount becomes moldable when dropped in a glass of cold water. (It may take longer, depending on your pot and stove. If using a candy thermometer, cook until it reaches 234°F.)
3) Remove from the heat and the burner, and allow the hot mixture to sit undisturbed for 6 minutes (or until it reaches 110°F on a candy thermometer). After 6 minutes, stir vigorously until the mixture becomes thick and creamy and lightens slightly in color. Spread into the prepared pan, and allow the fudge to cool to room temperature before slicing into 1” squares.

These fudge pieces are basically dark chocolate and coffee. In a nutshell that means lots of caffeine! These would be so good to have during finals week. So I'll have to remake them during finals week! Making them would be a good study/writing papers break, and then I'd have caffeine to get through several late nights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment