Tuesday 14 January 2014

Balsamic Roasted Potatoes

Guess what greeted me after work today?
A huge bag of potatoes!
It's just like the summer where any spare food goes to the interns. Well after the potato and ice cream fundraiser, we got . . . the potatoes! A small part of me wishes it was the ice cream, but free food is appreciated and potatoes are versatile!

I didn't want to do plain boiled potatoes and I'd just done potato wedges.
Time to explore the vast realm of the Internet!
That's when I struck a gold mine . . . Balsamic Roasted Potatoes!

I made some adjustments to the original recipe because some herbs and spices were not avaliable and others were. So here's my version of the recipe.

Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 medium sized potatoes cut into quarters
- 1/4 chopped onion
- garlic powder (to taste)
- Old Bay spice (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions
1) Pre heat oven to 400F
2) In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the potaoes, onion, and garlic powder, tossing and stirring to combine. Add the nutmeg. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until potatoes are hot.
3) Transfer to a large baking pan coated in nonstick spray. Bake at 400F for 25minutes or until potatoes are golden and almost tender. Toss with balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Bake 5 more minutes.

And voila! These could be the best potatoes I've ever had. They are delicious! I just love the balsamic and the spices coming together on roasted potatoes! 




No comments:

Post a Comment