Saturday 11 January 2014

Bryn Mawr Baking Endeavor Part 2 : Nutty Chocolate Clusters

The other dessert that I made at SGA house at Bryn Mawr were Nutty Chocolate Clusters! These nutty, crispy, chocolaty bites are the perfect combination of salty and sweet.

They are made with graham crackers, nuts, white chocolate, and drizzled with dark chocolate. I made quite a lot, the picture to the left only shows a portion of them. I love to share my baking adventures and these are no different, I took them into work and gave them to friends, though I did have a few myself, 'tis an ill cook who cannot taste one's own handiwork. And they are really easy to make too!

Ingredients
6 oz white chocolate
3 1/2 oz graham crackers
3 1/2 chopped nuts
6 oz dark chocolate

How to make
1) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, stir until melted.
2) Crush graham crackers in a plastic bag with a rolling pin until are small pieces. Stir the graham crackers into the melted chocolate with the chopped nuts.
3) Place heaped teaspoons of  the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
4) Chill the mixture in the fridge until set, which only takes about 10 minutes.
5) While the mixture is cooling, melt the dark chocolate in the same fashion as the white chocolate.
6) Remove the baking sheet from the fridge. Drizzle the clusters with the dark chocolate using a fork sweeping back and forth.

These little clusters are great! I love nuts, but sometimes get tired of just plain nuts, so these are a great change up from my usual trail mix.  They are delicious and the perfect size for sharing! I shared these with friends at Bryn Mawr and SERC!

No comments:

Post a Comment